Thursday, October 22, 2015

American Girl class: Rebecca week 6 (time #2)

We had a delightful American Girl class this week! We read Changes for Rebecca (book 6 in Rebecca series) for class this week. We discussed the book, and Hollywood a little bit. I was going to bring pictures to show the girls, but I forgot! : - (

After we discussed the book and Hollywood, we got into our craft. We made a leaf garland using old magazines, cardstock and a 36" piece of twine. I got the idea and directions here. I gave the girls three small pieces of white cardstock each. Then they looked in the magazines and found red, yellow, orange and brown pieces to cut out. They added the colored pieces that they cut out to the cardstock with glue. When that was done, I had them trace leaves and cut them out. It worked well to trace on the back of the cardstock that they glued on. I found the leaves to cut here. (I didn't use all of these leaves on this page though.)

I also printed a family book for Rebecca, but most of the girls didn't have time to do it. I got the printable here. It is a printable book that you can cut out, layer and staple. You can have the girls write the names of Rebecca's family members on the pages. I forgot my stapler, so the few girls that did make the book, couldn't staple it together. Oops!

My daughter's finished product...
The 2:00 class...


Our snack this week was lemonade, squeezed on our own from lemons.  You can find the snack recipe here. We didn't have lots of time to do this either (the craft took longer than I expected!), so one of my helpers made it in the first class and I did in the 2nd class. It was yummy, and pretty easy too!
That concludes our study of Rebecca! We liked her story, some of the girls are a little sad to move on! But next week, we begin KIT! She is from the time of the Depression, and has a neat story too!


Some verses about leaves and trees...
Jeremiah 17:8
They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

Daniel 4:12
Its leaves were beautiful, its fruit abundant, and on it was food for all. Under it the wild animals found shelter, and the birds lived in its branches; from it every creature was fed.

Luke 21:29-31
He told them this parable: “Look at the fig tree and all the trees. When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...