Thursday, January 28, 2016

American Girl class: Molly week 1 (time #2)

We had a great class this first week of our new semester! It was fun to have some familiar faces and to meet new girls too! I missed them over the Christmas break, and all of their stories! Welcome to the class to all of the new girls! I hope you'll enjoy reading and learning with us!


For class this week, we read and discussed Meet Molly (book 1 in the Molly series). We also talked about the beginning of World War 2, and the Pearl Harbor Attack. After we discussed the book, we began our craft which was Crepe Paper hula skirts. Each of the girls got one two-inch strip of white muslin, which they tied around their waist. Then they took ten three-foot strips of green crepe paper, and we stapled them onto the waistband. It was very simple, but they looked great!

 The 1:00 class modeling their skirts and doing a little hula dancing!

 Our snack in class this week was Popcorn balls and apples. The popcorn balls were yummy and the girls loved them! I did not give the Moms a recipe, they just found one online to use. One worked well, and one was sticky yet crumbly! 
 The 2:00 class...
 Working and waiting on the stapler...
 The 2:00 class modeling their hula skirts, just like Molly wore in our book.
 Some of the dolls got little skirts too!

I had a little extra time so we had a "Hide the thimble" game in the 2:00 class too. I wished I had another craft! But it was a fun class. I'm looking forward to having a delightful semester with these girls.

    Psalm 17:8
    Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.


    Proverbs 7:2
    Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

    Proverbs 25:11
    Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a ruling rightly given.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...