Thursday, April 7, 2016

American Girl class: Julie week 4

We had another fun American Girl class this week!

After we reviewed the book for this week, Julie and the Eagles, we discussed Earth Day. I used a few paragraphs from the Wikipedia info page here. We thought it was interesting that Earth Day rhymes with birthday! I read a little about what Earth Day is about, why it was founded, and how it is celebrated.

We also worked on our Geography Worksheets from California; One page for San Francisco; and a U.S. map to mark California, where Julie lived. We put them into the geography folders that the girls use each semester.

Our craft was originally supposed to be a Woven Tree from That Artist Woman website. I reviewed the plan and decided it would be too hard to complete in our class time. So I changed my mind and decided to make beaded bracelets, like Ivy and Julie made in book 1.

I brought a bunch of beads that we had at home, some stretchy elastic cord and scissors. The girls had fun making patterns and different designs with the beads. I loved seeing what they came up with!
I gave out smiley face stickers, and my daughter put it on her nose!

 For Snack this week we had Sloppy Joes and Tang. What a blast from the past! The girls really liked it! I haven't had it since I was younger, and it was kinda like tangy orange juice!

The 2:00 class working on their bracelets and geography pages...




What a groovy class! Only TWO weeks left of Julie!


Ecclesiastes 4:12
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. 

Exodus 28:28
The rings of the breastpiece are to be tied to the rings of the ephod with blue cord, connecting it to the waistband, so that the breastpiece will not swing out from the ephod.

Hosea 11:4
I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...