Tuesday, January 10, 2017

New appliances!

We had some new and exciting things going on at our home after Christmas. We got a really great deal on used, matching appliances on Craigslist at the end of December. The lady had moved into a new home and she already had her appliances, so she sold us the ones that came with the house. Our refrigerator was over 20 years old, had a cracked handle, the ice maker never worked, and a few other minor problems. My hubby worked very hard moving the appliances out, getting the new ones in, and I cleaned them all. 
Our old stove/ oven-- it was a nice one, but the wrong color. We liked the convection fan in it, and miss that already.
Our old dishwasher was terrible, we really put up with it for too many years! We no longer have to rinse every dish perfectly before running the dishwasher! I didn't get a picture of our old fridge, but it was white, with a big door that ran into the counter.
So the dishwasher made a bad sound and didn't start washing when we first got it in. We took it out, Joshua got 3 or 4 screws and a plastic piece of pipe out of the bottom of it. It still didn't run well! So on Saturday morning, we took the whole dishwasher apart. I learned more about the inner workings of a dishwasher than I ever thought I would! My hubby was my hero that day. We never found anything else inside of it, other than a kinked hose in the back. When we put it in the next time, it finally worked and washes the dishes really well! They come out so sparkly clean!
So pretty! (if you notice carefully, we accidentally chipped the countertop putting in the dishwasher the first time...)
Our new oven has some new features, such as a simmer select, an inner and outer burner on one burner, a warming drawer underneath (no more storage!) and a warming spot on the stovetop. I'm excited because my big baking sheet fits into it, and it never fit into the old oven.
Last but not least, here is a our big, fancy side-by-side refrigerator with ice and water in the door. That has been getting lots of use, and we are happy to not be emptying ice cube trays anymore. They have all been a worthwhile investment, even though they are not new. They are newer than what we had! My kitchen is so much brighter now! They match our microwave and toaster oven too. :-D

Now we are working on selling the old ones, and have gotten a few interested people already. Happy new year to us! (And a belated Merry Christmas!)



Psalm 51:7
Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.

John 6:27
Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval.”

Genesis 6:21
You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...