Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Losing a friend...

One of my dear friends passed away last week. I was going to write a big blog post about her, but I don't think I can right now, it is still hard for me to think about her really being gone. I am still processing it. Since her funeral is today, I thought I would post the poem I wrote about her, Sharon. I will really miss her, she was like another mom in my life for a little while... (I cried just typing this...)

I lost a friend yesterday.
A dear, sweet lady, a mother,
grandmother, a mentor,
a diligent servant of God.

I remember all you taught me
about being a mother,
about crafting and decorating,
about just friendship.

I know you struggled
with health problems.
I know you struggled in
other ways too. But always
you had a smile.

I'll miss your caring,
kind, loving heart.
I'll miss knowing you were there,
just a phone call away.

It seems your life ended too soon.
But I know it is in God's timing.
So I will trust God.
I miss you, but find joy knowing
you are with Him.

I see you in Jesus' arms
free of pain, with a new body.
Goodbye, my friend.
I'll miss you, goodbye.


written by Jill Nadel 1/24/18
-----------------------------------------------------------
I found these Bible verses comforting...

1 Thessalonians 4:14-15
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. 

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. 

Psalm 119:50
This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...