Thursday, November 1, 2018

Two little pilgrims...

When I was growing up, my mom had hardly any fall decorations. The only decoration I can remember seeing around Thanksgiving was a brown turkey candle that she put on the table at Thanksgiving. We teased her about it, we all thought it was funny. We had lots of Christmas decorations, many of them handmade. Decorating for fall and Thanksgiving was not as popular in the 1980's.

I have a lot of decorations for fall, including leaf strands, ceramic pumpkins, a wooden pumpkin door sign (made at MOPS, kinda like this), and fabric wrapped pumpkins (like this), also made at MOPS. I have some metal pumpkin tea light holders, and a fall wreath that I made many years ago.

For Thanksgiving, I don't have as many decorations. I have a pilgrim hat that we made one year at MOPS (kinda like this). I also have a pair of cute pilgrims, a man and a woman, made of resin that my friend Sharon gave me. Some of you may remember my friend Sharon who passed away in January. She gave them to me over 15 years ago. They have been in my fall/Halloween bin that has gone in our crawlspace.

This fall, when we pulled out the bin, the pilgrims were broken. Again. I have glued one or the other a few times. They are only resin, and I did not wrap them carefully in the box. I think I may need to toss them out this year. But I am torn, because they are from my friend who is gone now. It is just a thing, and I don't really need to hold on to things. I looked on Amazon and they do not have the same couple for sale there.

I could glue them again, but they may be broken again next year when I pull them out.

What do you think I should do? What would you do? I haven't had much time to shop lately, but thought I could look for something new. After all, I have pictures of them now!

Let me know your opinion!

They are not glued in the above picture, just set carefully together...


Some verses I've been enjoying lately...

Psalm 68:20
Our God is a God who saves! The Sovereign Lord rescues us from death. 
Psalm 69:29-30
I am suffering and in pain.
Rescue me, O God, by your saving power.
Then I will praise God’s name with singing,
and I will honor him with thanksgiving. 


Psalm 70:1
Please, God, rescue me!
Come quickly, Lord, and help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...