Tuesday, April 30, 2019

American Girl class highlights 2019

We had another wonderful semester of American Girls. This year I had three sisters join our group, and they were so fun! Their little brother is adorable, and their mom helped a bunch. We discussed Molly and Julie this semester, and World War II, and the 70's. I had fun wearing my bell bottoms, peace sign jewelry, bandana skirt and mood ring. 

During Molly, we tied fleece blankets again, and donated them to Project Linus. We made two soft blankets, one had watermelons on it and the other made mermaid like design.


 During Julie, we did tie dyed shirts again, and the girls loved it.
 Here they are wearing their shirts after they were washed. They lined up shortest to tallest on their own!
 This sweet girl finished three years of my American Girl classes and got a completion certificate!I will miss her cute personality and contagious giggle!

It was a fun and fantastic semester. I'm so thankful that their moms entrusted me with them for one hour a week. They were a joy to teach, and I'll miss them this summer!

What about you? DO you have things concluding for the school year? We have our AWANA awards night this week. We had our co-op finale on Thursday night, and I loved hearing the choirs, seeing the  dances and the ASL classes perform. They did so well and it was a delightful evening!

I'm planning on reading a lot this summer, and I'm looking forward to hopefully teaching my classes again in the fall!


Deuteronomy 32:2
Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.

Ezra 7:10
For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.

Psalm 78:1
My people, hear my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth.

Proverbs 1:8
Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching.

Mark 6:34
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...