Monday, March 1, 2021

March crafts

 This past weekend, my hubby was out of town and I had some free time on my hands. Several weeks ago my daughters and I were shopping at Target (one of my favorite stores!), and we found some canvases on sale for just over a dollar. We bought four. Two of the canvases my hubby and I used for Valentine's Day weekend when we painted together. I had two more left and decided to use them for March crafts.

I do not have many St. Patrick's Day decorations. I have a few shamrocks and green candle holders that I put out, but I've never spent time creating much until this year. I was inspired looking at Pinterest for ideas. I decided to try some things. I was also inspired by a friend who decorated her home and posted pictures on Facebook of her decorations. I also went to the Dollar Tree and bought a balsa wood shamrock wreath there. The photos below are what I came up with.

I painted this canvas several colors of green acrylic paints. It was fun to just "free style." It has gold and burlap piece stapled on the back, with a felt shamrock on the front. I have several green candle holders on this ledge between our TV room and dining room/ kitchen table area.
I need to buy more small, detail paint brushes... it was hard to paint the letters.

This was one that I saw on Pinterest and I painted this canvas to look like what I saw. It's not perfect either, but I'm happy with the way that it turned out. I staple gunned a piece of twine to that back so that I could hang it on my porch. Years ago, I bought green ribbon that has white shamrocks on it, so I put a piece of that ribbon on the twine too. It was a fun weekend painting and creating. I have another piece that I printed on card stock and used mod-podge to glue it onto a piece of wood. I like that one too, but there is no picture of it. It says, "Let the shamrock serve as a reminder to thee, of God's perfect presence in His Holy Trinity."


Last year I printed this Irish blessing and framed it. I like having it out during March.

I'll keep these decorations out for most of March. Toward the end of the month, I may switch some things out for spring and Palm Sunday/ Easter decorations.

What about you-- do you have any St. Patrick's Day decorations that you have made? Or where did you buy them?  


Matthew 5:1-12
Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes


He said:

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...