Wednesday, January 25, 2023

My testimony

Definition- Testimony: (noun) an open declaration or profession, as of faith.

Attention: This is a very vulnerable post for me to share, I have prayed about it...

 I heard a podcast recently that talked about writing down your testimony, in an effort to share it with others but also to make it able to condense into a few minutes to talk about. I thought that that was something I have never really done, so I decided I should do that.

I was raised in a Christian home. We went to church every Sunday morning and a lot of Sunday evenings. My mom said that I accepted Christ when I was young, but I don't remember that. I remember learning Bible verses and chapters in Sunday School and learning about God, but it almost seemed like book learning in a way.

We moved several states away and left our Christian school, family and church when I was almost twelve years old. We went to a different denomination of church in our small town. One summer (age 13 or 14) not too long after we moved, I decided to attend a Christian camp with friends from church. It was a beautiful place in the mountains, and I loved my time there. While I was there, I accepted Jesus Christ as the Lord and Savior of my life. During a quiet time one evening, the leaders asked if we had accepted Christ, and talked about what it was and what it meant. I thought about it and couldn't remember doing this before.

This time, my heart seemed to change. I desired to read my Bible more and wanted to learn more about Jesus. I grew slowly over the years in middle school and high school. I moved away from home to go to college. In high school, I attended Young Life and really enjoyed my Campaigners Bible Study group. When I went to college, I contacted a Young Life leader there. I was a Young Life leader in college for 2 years. I struggled to find a church in my new town. I attended a large church for a year but decided I needed a change. I changed churches and eventually came to the same church that I still attend today.

We had a good size college group and I really enjoyed the Bible Studies and Sunday School classes. I learned a lot about having a daily quiet time, mentoring younger Christians, and sharing the Lord. Over the years of my marriage, having children, raising kids, homeschooling, etc., I have continued to have daily quiet time. It's really important to me. Church attendance has been a staple in my life. I have loved hearing different pastors, learning about God, and His Word, and deepening my relationship with Him.

My relationship with God is THE most valuable thing in my life. I look forward to going to heaven when I die and seeing many friends and family who have gone before me. I love having the hope of heaven in my life.

What about you? What is your testimony?


Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Acts 14:17
Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”

1 John 5:9
We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...