Monday, July 26, 2010

Mighty to Save...

So I've been thinking and feeling burdened about a friend of mine in a tough situation and a neighbor boy from a broken home, that we are getting to know. I was struggling with both in my heart and mind yesterday at church, trying to pray and understand God's sovereignty in all of this. So I look down and there is my "bookmark" in my Bible that has these song lyrics on it. This song is one of my very favorites, esp. the version by Laura Story. It seemed appropriate for the day, and maybe it will touch your heart too.



Mighty to Save- Reuben Morgan


Everyone needs compassion
Love that’s never failing
Let mercy fall on me
Everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Saviour
The hope of nations

Saviour
He can move the mountains
For my God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save
Forever
Author of salvation
He rose and conquered the grave
Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender

Shine Your light and
Let the whole world see
We’re singing
For the glory of the risen King
Jesus

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/r/reuben_morgan/#share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...