Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jam packed!

Our last few weeks have been jam packed, in more ways than one! I made over 30 jars (various sizes) of apricot and strawberry jam. I put it all in the freezer, will be nice to have homemade jam all winter, I hope! And the apricots were free-- hooray! The older 3 kids had swim lessons, and all did very well, learned a lot in the two weeks. I also have been sewing- made valances for Mallory's room and pretty velvet pillows for the couch. (both with free fabric from a friend!) We had Joshua's aunt Rachel Black here from Florida, and had a great time hanging out with her, hosting her here a few days, and seeing family a LOT! Loved it all! Then Joshua and I had our 14th anniversary, and he gave me flowers for that. We went out to a delicious dinner at Garfield's, since we had a gift certificate from our mortgage lender. I am really enjoying the busy, fun, lazy but crazy days of summer! Only a few weeks left until we hit the books again! Now you know what I'll be doing the next few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...