Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why am I a princess?

me in a crown...
Why am I a princess? My dad, Gerry Mulder is not a king, we may have royalty WAAAAAY back in our lines, but I doubt it. My Mom Muriel is not a queen, she is not royalty, although my Dad may treat her that way sometimes on her birthday or their anniversary. So why am I, Jill, a PRINCESS?

Well, I am a daughter of THE KING. What king? King Jesus! Jesus is the Lord of my life, the Master of all, the one that I live for and pledge allegiance to. I try to live for Him each day and do things that honor Him. I am thankful for His grace, love and strength that helps me do all that I do. He is an amazing God!

SIlly princess socks





Here is an excerpt from a book that I read which talked about this very topic.


“Cinderella”, the beloved fairy tale of our youth, captures wonderfully Satan’s tactics as the Storyteller. As you remember, Cinderella lived with her stepsisters, a shrewish pair who made her sleep with the coal in the furnace room and had her convinced she would never be more than a maid. I remember thinking as I looked at the pictures of Cinderella in my child’s storybook, “Doesn’t she know how beautiful she is? Can’t she see she is so different from her stepsisters both inside and out? Why doesn’t she just look in the mirror?
But the voices of the stepsisters were loud and Cinderella could only see in her mirror darkly. She continued to take her abuse and serve them right up until the invitation to the Prince’s Ball came. When Cinderella shyly suggested that she might like to go, the stepsisters mock her to scorn for thinking that she would fit in with people of such grace and beauty. As she helps them stuff into their costumes and does her best to hide their ludicrous ugliness, they continue to mock her foolishness in thinking that the prince would ever want anything to do with her. When God’s grace comes in the form of Cinderella’s fairy godmother and dresses her in a beautiful gown, she does finally look in the mirror and sees clearly her great beauty, but she believes it is all due to magic. 
Of course, the prince recognizes her as the one he has been looking for all his life. He spends the evening dancing with her, totally enraptured in her presence. As the clock strikes twelve, Cinderella fears being exposed for the homely housemaid she believes she is, and runs from the room, losing a glass slipper in the process. Even though she still has the other glass slipper in her possession, she does not come forward when she hears the prince is searching the city for the one who can wear the dainty shoe.
Once again, the stepsisters’ voices has convinced her that she is contemptible in soul and body, good only for the homeliest of tasks. Fortunately for Cinderella, the prince is a romantic who will not give up searching the city until he has found her, and they live happily ever after. And so it will be with us who are the beloved of the great Prince who is Jesus. It is this destiny that so enrages our enemy and makes him determined to destroy the love affair that he can never have a part in.
                    -From the Sacred Romance by John Eldredge and Brent Curtis  (pp109-110)

I even own a Cinderella purse!
I do LOVE Cinderella, it is my favorite fairy tale. I love the idea that she worked, although she was royalty and that she was rewarded for it, by being invited to the ball, even though she was considered a servant girl in her own home. I love how the prince searches for her, and doesn't stop until he finds her. Just like the parable of the lost sheep,  the lost pearl  and the Prodigal Son in Luke 15. That is how Jesus, the King of Kings, the Prince of Peace, searches and longs for YOU. Are you letting Him be the Lord and King of your life? Have you asked to be His child and part of His kingdom forever?

 You can read more about how to do that here: http://www.campuscrusade.com/fourlawseng.htm

 Here are two cute princesses that live at my house!
Princess Bethany, age 10 months
Princess Mallory age 3


Are you His Princess? Don a crown today! :-D It's kinda fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...