Friday, January 14, 2011

Biscuits and Gravy

Here is one of my favorite recipes, one that I got from my friend Angie. It is one of those "recipes" that you kinda guess on the measurements. But it is SOOO yummy! We like to make this when we are camping.

Begin with Jimmy Dean pork sausage in the roll. We have tried Sage, Maple and Regular and they are all good. Our favorite is Sage flavored. Brown the sausage in a large skillet.
Starting to brown the sausage 

Then add several tablespoons of white flour to the browned sausage and mix it in, coating the sausage with flour (until gray).
Adding the flour
Then add regular milk, approx. 2 cups, to cover meat, stirring it into the sausage/ flour mixture and heating while it thickens. Cook a few minutes. You don't have to stir constantly, but stir often.

Adding the milk...
Bake the biscuits while the sausage is browning. I use Grands Biscuits in the roll, usually the regular or butter-flavored biscuits. The flaky variety is good too! I usually bake one roll for our family. You can make your own from scratch if you are feeling more ambitious!
Biscuits are done!
Grate cheese for the top of the gravy....
Grating the cheese... Don't forget the
cheese like I usually do!
When the gravy is thickened, it is done. Pour the sausage gravy on top of the halved biscuits. YUM!!
Ready to eat- delicious!
Oh, yum- it is making me hungry! I'm so glad that I learned to make this! Biscuits and Gravy are delicious for breakfast or dinner too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...