Friday, January 28, 2011

Cock-Eyed Cake recipe

"Dad is great, for giving us chocolate cake..." Does anybody else sing this Bill Cosby song/ sketch when they eat chocolate cake like I do? Well, here is a super easy and delicious recipe for homemade chocolate cake- which also happens to be dairy-free (and no eggs, too!). This was a favorite of mine when I couldn't have any dairy last year, when I was nursing Bethany. (Sorry, Neen, you can bake it in another 5 weeks, k?)  But you CANNOT have it for breakfast!!
Mixed up and ready to go in the oven...

This is another one of my mom-in-law's recipes, and we love it! (Thanks, Mom!)

Cock-Eyed Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 tsp soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
5 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cold water

Put first five ingredients in a medium bowl and blend together. Add last 4 ingredients and blend well. Pour into greased 8" X 8" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Top with genache.


I did a 7 X 11" pan, since I broke my 8 X 8' square one...

It is a little over-done, but still delicious! 
I usually top it with ice cream, or whipped cream. You can't go wrong with a topping for chocolate cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...