Friday, March 4, 2011

Apricot chicken recipe

This is another one of our family's favorite dinners. I got this recipe from the MOPS Cookbook, Beyond Macaroni and Cheese which is chock full of wonderful meals that are family-friendly! (It sells for about $10 on Amazon.com, and is well worth the money!)



Apricot Chicken
1- 8 oz jar of Apricot preserves
8 oz Catalina or French salad dressing
1 pkg dry Onion soup mix (or substitute mix, see below)
1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast

Put the chicken breasts in baking dish first...

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix preserves, dressing and soup mix; pour over chicken in 8" square baking dish and cover with foil. Bake one hour or until chicken is tender. Serve the apricot sauce poured over rice. Serves 4-6.
Pour apricot sauce over the top...

I got this mix recipe (below) from my old Tupperware lady, and I put this mix into a small Tupperware container in my cupboard. It saves a little money, is easy to mix up and these are all spices that I have in my cupboard, usually.

Substitute for onion soup mix
3/4 cup instant minced onion
1/3 cup beef bullion powder
4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp sugar

Use about 5 Tbsp of mix for equivalent of one soup mix envelope. Makes 4 servings.

YUM!!
Let me know if you try it, it really is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...