Friday, May 20, 2011

Chocolate Crinkle cookies

What do you like to do on rainy days? Curl up with a book and a blanket on the couch? I like to do that, maybe with a cup of tea in hand. How about baking? It's a good way to warm up the house and make something chocolatey-yummy to eat with your steaming hot cup of tea!

This recipe became one of our favorites about a year and 1/2 ago, when I was dairy-free. Here is my post about dairy-free recipes. My daughter found this recipe in our church cookbook, and it has been a hit at our house! The woman who submitted the recipe, her father was a baker and had his own bakery, so you know these are good cookies! :-D

Here's the recipe:
1 cup cocoa
5 eggs
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tsp salt
4 tsp vanilla
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
powdered sugar

Mix cocoa, eggs, sugar, oil, salt, vanilla, flour and baking powder together, adding one at a time. Roll into one-inch balls, and then roll into powdered sugar. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.



YUM! Try it- you won't be disappointed!

5 comments:

  1. Wow1 These look amazing! Welcome to Voiceboks! Hope you enjoy it there, I have!
    ~Lisa
    I am all a twitter about life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies do look great! It is always nice to find a non-dairy recipe! Let me add my welcome to Voiceboks. I have really been enjoying it there too! I look foward to seeing you around there!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, wish I could try one...just kidding. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Definitely will try it. Visiting from VoiceBok. Hope you can come on by to visit.
    Many blessings,
    Barbara
    http://spanishforkids-jbplbarbara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to bake, but it's my stress reliever too. Hubbub knows if he comes in and I'm intent on something in the kitchen that I should be left alone. I bake up a storm when I have something on my mind! Your recipe sounds great and I'll try it. I found you from Voice Boks and I hope you'll visit me soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...