Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thrifty Thursday: Grocery Shrink

Here is my first edition of "Thrifty Thursday!"

Some of you may know that I am frugal, and I have been making my own laundry detergent for a while. You can find that recipe here. It is really very easy, a great way to save money,  and I only make it every 6 weeks or so.

A few months ago, I heard about this gal named Angela Coffman, who won a contest by Dave Ramsey by saving money, and began a business called the "Grocery Shrink". I signed up for her newsletter and have enjoyed her homemade cleaning recipes. Recently, I bought supplies and made a few of her cleaning recipes. When I run out of what I have, I may try to make more recipes. I am particularly interested in her recipe for dishwashing detergent, since I think most name brands are expensive, and don't do a real great job!

You can find out more about Angela and sign up for her newsletter here: http://groceryshrink.com/
She teaches people how to cut down your food budget and save in lots of areas. She has authored a few books, which you can find in her store.

One of her e-books that you can buy on her website!

I bought these three bottles at the dollar store, and have made two cleaners so far.
The green is kitchen cleaner and the blue is window/glass cleaner- both work well!
I watched her make some recipes on a twitter link to CBN's 700 Club, and was impressed with the recipes enough to try them. Here is the video if you want to watch it. Her all-purpose cleaner costs just 60 CENTS for a bottle to make, instead of over $3.50! Her window cleaner costs ONE PENNY OR LESS to make, instead of about $3.00 a bottle! Her grocery budget is $200 a MONTH! I think that is amazing, and I think I can always look at more ways to save.

So if you are interested in finding new ways to save, I encourage you to check out the Grocery Shrink! I am going to be checking out some recipes on her website soon!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...