Friday, June 3, 2011

Easy Chicken Fajitas

A dear friend of mine had me to her home many years ago and served me these fajitas for lunch. I had my first baby Rebekah with me at the time, and my friend was like a 2nd mom to me, and another "Grandma" to Rebekah. I watched her make these fajitas, and found them so easy that I've been making them ever since! (And I miss my friend since she moved away, these make me think of her and pray for her!)

Here is the simple "recipe"...

Easy Chicken Fajitas
2-4 chicken breasts, thawed and sliced
1/2 of green pepper, sliced
1/2 of yellow or white onion, sliced
Tortillas
Sour Cream
Salsa
Guacamole (if desired)
Grated Cheddar Cheese

Other toppings: tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, black olives, etc.,

1. Brown chicken in large saucepan with a few tablespoons of canola oil. 
2. Season chicken (I use: cumin, garlic powder, black pepper, ground red pepper, chili powder, and I just shake maybe 1/2-1 tsp of each in there)
3. Add onions and green pepper, cook until softened. 
4. Serve with toppings in warm tortillas. YUM!

This is a very easy dinner to have after a busy day out of the house. We have this occasionally on baseball nights when we get home at 7 p.m. Let me know if you try this recipe!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...