Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas music

Last year, I blogged about this song which I discovered and was a new favorite christmas song for me. I tend to like songs that are "new" to me, and not a traditional Christmas song. I get tired of hearing the same 25 songs sung each December by anyone and everyone, and played on every radio station and speaker everywhere I go.  There are a few songs that I do not tire of hearing each year, and I didn't know much about them until we got married...

My hubby when we got married really liked Harry Connick, Jr.'s Christmas cd and Bing Crosby's Christmas cd. I was more into Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith, so he broadened my horizons, so to say. Well, we have listened to those two CD's every year at Christmas, especially when we decorate the house and tree. We also listen to Manheim Steamroller, which has about 20 instrumental albums just for Christmas!

Harry Connick Jr. has a fun way of jazzing up an old Christmas song, and making it fun to listen to. That's what his whole toe-tapping CD titled, "When My Heart Finds Christmas" is full of... just grand, fantastic trumpet & piano filled music. There are some classic favorites, such as Sleigh Ride, The Little Drummer Boy, Ave Maria, WHat Child is This?, and O Holy Night.  We really like the title track When My Heart Finds Christmas, I Pray on Christmas, and the Parade of the Wooden Soldiers, which just makes us want to march. There are some amusing secular songs too-- (It Must've Been Ol') Santa Claus, and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. 


 You can see a video of Harry performing this song (below) here.

 Here are the lyrics for "I Pray on Christmas":
I pray on ChristmasThat the Lord will see me throughI pray on ChristmasHe'll show me what to do
I pray on ChristmasHe'll help me understandAnd I pray on ChristmasHe'll take me by the hand
I pray on ChristmasThat the sick will soon be strongI pray on ChristmasThe Lord will hear my song
I pray on ChristmasThat God will lead the wayAnd I pray on ChristmasHe'll get me through another day
I pray on ChristmasI pray on ChristmasI pray on ChristmasHe'll get me through another day
I pray on ChristmasAll our problems gonna be worked outI pray on ChristmasGod'll show us what love's about
I pray on ChristmasTo do your will each dayAnd I pray on ChristmasThat I'll be with you in heaven some day
I pray on ChristmasOh, the sick will soon be strongI pray on ChristmasThe Lord will hear my song
I pray on ChristmasThat God will lead the wayAnd I pray I really pray on ChristmasHe'll get me through another dayHe'll get me through another day...

Read more: HARRY CONNICK, JR. - I PRAY ON CHRISTMAS LYRICS http://www.metrolyrics.com/i-pray-on-christmas-lyrics-harry-connick-jr.html#ixzz1fRcDcL5Y
Copied from MetroLyrics.com





According to Wikipedia, this CD was recorded with a 70 piece orchestra and a 42 voice choir! It sounds like grand, fabulous fun. I hope you will take time in this busy season to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...