Thursday, February 9, 2012

American Girl class: Addy Week 3

We had another fun Addy class this Tuesday!


We made Shadow Puppets, from a pattern I found in Addy's Craft Book. We traced, cut them and decorated them. Then each girl got three dowels to hold them, one on each arm and one in the center. I bought 36" lengths of 1/8' dowels, and my hubby helped me trim them each into thirds, so they were all about 12" in length. Then we taped them onto the body parts. I also gave the girls each three mini-brads (found in the scrapbook section of the craft store). They punched holes and put the brads in to make joints, and hold the arms together. The dolls were decorated with colored pencils. I thought about trying to decorate them with fabric and ribbons, but I was worried that would take too much time. It took more time than I thought with the girls just coloring them! The girls were even giving them names...They turned out cute!
tracing the dolls...
coloring the dolls and putting in brads...
All done!
For snack we had Sweet Potato Pudding-- it was yummy! You can find the recipe here. Almost all of the girls really liked this snack. It reminded me of Thanksgiving, but a little sweeter than what I usually make!


We also"made" fleece scarves. Each girl got one length of 42" X 6" piece of fleece. They didn't require much work, only trimming the ends into fringe and tying the fringe (if they wanted). Addy saw a red scarf in the book that she wanted for her mother, so this is similar to that! It seemed fitting to have a new red cozy scarf right before Valentine's Day! 
Trimming their scarves...

 The 2:00 class...

tracing and cutting their dolls...

Coloring her doll with her own markers!
Taping on the dowels...
Cutting the scarves....

It was quite the enjoyable day! We didn't get to work on our braided rugs, with the two crafts. I don't know that we'll have time next week either!

We are now halfway done with Addy already. I'm glad the girls have been enjoying the books. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...