Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wordless Wednesday: Amaryllis

For Christmas this past year, a fellow pastor and his wife gave us a lovely amaryllis bulb kit, to bloom this winter. Little did I know how quickly it would bloom, and how much it would brighten my kitchen and my winter!

I began to take photos of it, since it has just been amazing to watch grow. Literally, we can watch it grow! I will water it, come back 2 hours later and it has changed-- a new shoot popping out, a stem longer than before, a bloom opened more, or another bloom beginning!

Here are some photos of our amaryllis and it's growth... Enjoy!

JANUARY 18, EVENING

JANUARY 20, NOON

JANUARY 22, 9 AM

JANUARY 23, 2 PM

JANUARY 30, LATE EVENING

JANUARY 31, 6 PM
FEBRUARY 1, 10 PM
The transformation is amazing, isn't it?


It reminds me of these verses...

 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. Luke 12:27 (NIV)

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? Matthew 6:25-27

1 comment:

  1. We had a white one years ago ... I loved it! So beautiful ... thanks for the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...