Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Creative Names...

My older daughter Rebekah was quite creative when she was 3 or 4 and naming her bears and dolls. We had a "Baby Susie" for years, but one day she got a new bear from her favorite babysitter. I asked her what she was going to name it, and without hesitation, she responded, "Jeff." And Jeff it was!

My 2nd daughter Mallory inherited a lot of Rebekah's already named stuffed animals and bears. She received a doll for Christmas 2010 and it was already named Olivia. Last week she was showing me a little stiffed dog she had gotten this past Christmas. "What's it's name?" I asked her. "Olivia." I responded, "You already have an Olivia, you should name it something else..." "Nope, I like Olivia." Then a little while later, she informed me that she had decided to call that doggie, "Cupcake." Oh, cute!

My youngest, Bethany is not so creative when it comes to naming dolls and animals. Rebekah gave the two younger girls several stuffed animals last week, and they have been non-creatively naming them. The Beanie Baby lamb = Lambie. The Beanie Baby pig= "Piggie". The different sized Elmos are "Big Elmo" and "Little Elmo." She has a purple bear that she calls "Beary Bear." :-D

She had a green stuffed smaller bear last week. She said, "Mom, what should I name it?" "Hmm, I like Shamrock..." I told her. She didn't say anything to me about it, but looked directly at her sister and said, "Shall we call it Mallory or Bethany?"  Lol- guess she didn't like my name choice! Later in the day, she decided to call it "Cute Bear." Not very descriptive, but that is what stuck...

She has several dogs that she likes and carries around during the day. They are all called... "Doggie!" One of them she was recently nursing! Here is it's picture...



Yep, she was nursing the yellow xylophone dog! It still makes me giggle. Maybe she will become more creative before she becomes a mother! :-D

My children are precious to me and to God...


"Jesus took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, 'Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.'"  Mark 9:36-38  (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. She makes me smile ... she's saving up her silliness for bigger and better silliness!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...