Friday, March 9, 2012

Fudge Brownies {Recipe}

This is another recipe that I found online through Pinterest. I used to buy boxed brownie mixes, but then we had more children, and cut the non-necessities out of the grocery budget. I love dessert, all things chocolate (except the really bitter stuff) and I love saving money making a recipe with ingredients I have in my house.

I've made these Fudge Brownies from scratch three times over the past two weeks, so they must be good! :-D
Rebekah made them again yesterday, and I snapped a pic.

Here is where you can find the original recipe.

Directions: {ingredients included below}
Melt 1 cup butter and mix together with 2 cups sugar in a large bowl.

Beat in 4 eggs and stir in 2 tsp Vanilla, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
Mix in 3/4 cup of Cocoa powder and 1 cup of flour.

Add some chocolate chips to make them a little extra special. I put them in a greased pie stone, because it looks nice and it's a fun shape. You can just use a 8" or 9" square pan too.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

When the brownies come out of the oven {and are still hot}, you can add extra yummies to the top.
Some that are listed" Heath chips, chocolate chips, m & m's, etc.,  Rebekah added some peppermint chips that we had left over.

These are great for brownie sundaes with ice cream, fudge sauce and whip cream.
Don't drool on the keyboard...ooey gooey...warm and chocolatey...

They are yummy! C'mon... you know you want to make them... I can't promise that they contain no calories, but they *may* make you happy... after all, isn't that what chocolate is for?! It's mental health food! ;-D

Enjoy! Let me know you review if you do make them-- I bet you'll love them! No more box mixes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...