Friday, March 2, 2012

Honey Baked Chicken {Recipe}

This is another one of my Mom's recipes. My recipe card is even in her handwriting, such neat script. :-D
I like this recipe, it is quick and easy to prepare. I forget to serve it. This past weekend, I was looking through my recipe book this past week for our church cookbook recipes to submit, and found this one! I put it on the menu for this week right away!



Honey Baked Chicken
Serves 6, Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Arrange a skinned 3 pound chicken fryer in a shallow baking pan. (I use 4 chicken breasts for my family)

Combine and pour over:
1/3 cup melted margarine (or butter)
1/3 cup honey
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder (optional)

Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with the sauce, until chicken is tender and nicely browned. Good served with rice.

I used less curry powder since my family is not used to eating it-- it is a different flavor!

It is delicious!

Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...