Friday, March 16, 2012

Pizza Pasta Casserole {Recipe}

Recently we had a potluck at church, and a friend of mine brought a pizza pasta casserole. I thought later that I bet my family would enjoy it, so I began searching online. I found a recipe at Food.com and tried it out. It was 10 thumbs up! (That's 5 regular eaters and not including the fussy toddler that doesn't eat held of what is put in front of her, and her casserole didn't have cheese-- poor dairy-free girl...)

Food.com had more than one casserole like this, but I didn't want to double it, for lack of time and ingredients. You can find the original recipe here.

Ingredients


1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
 1 jar (32 oz) spaghetti sauce
8 ounces spiral shaped pasta, cooked and drained
1 (8 oz) pkg shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
4 ounces sliced pepperoni

Directions
1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion; drain off fat.

  • 2. In a greased 2-1/2 quart casserole baking dish, add the beef/onion mixture.




  • 3. Add the spaghetti sauce, and stir.




  • Cooking pasta-- I used two types-- that's what I had...
    4. Add the cooked pasta, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese and pepperoni; and stir.




  • I sliced my pepperoni so it was in thinner strips...
    5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.




  • 6. Cover, and bake 30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
    Ready to go in...
    *This recipe would be easy to double, and freeze the 2nd one.*






  • It was delicious! I wished I had more cheese, I ran out while making this... oh well! It was still good, and I will make it again-- a nice alternative to spaghetti! 

    If you do make this recipe, please come back and let me know your review! Enjoy!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...