Friday, April 13, 2012

Fun sticks!

Ever since Christmas, our kids have been addicted to the new iPad. It seems they are always requesting to use it, and if I tell them no, they cannot think of anything else to do. The "I'm bored" phrase comes out and the begging for the iPad begins. I was getting really tired of it. They have a million toys in their bedrooms and they're bored. Really?? Sometimes I'll give them a job to do, but I wanted-no needed-- another solution.

Enter Pinterest, of course! I found this post where a mom made sticks with fun ideas on them. So I printed the labels and we made them! (Well, we made half until we ran out of craft sticks...)

LAID OUT DURING THE PROCESS TO PREVENT DUPLICATES!
THIS WAS OUR OLD LIST OF IDEAS...
I altered a few of them, since we don't have a dog, they can't brush it! Or since we live on a slower-traffic cul-de-sac, they can't really count cars. I added a few instead such as, "Play with Playmobil houses", "Draw on the chalkboard wall", and "Play a game with your youngest sister." I may change them as the kids grow! For now it is a wonderful stay-busy extra fun activity spot to go to!

So now when they're bored, they can "Pick a stick!" and do whatever it says!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...