Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday #3


Last week, I didn't have a Thankful Thursday, since I posted about my nephew's graduation. I have a few things to post about... well, ok, more than a few!

Last week we went out of state for my nephew's graduation. We had lots of great times with family, the kids got to see their cousins and we had a good time playing. On the first day, the cousins were in school, so we hiked around in my brother's "back yard", which was mostly forest and trees. Amongst all the leaves, was this tiny little beauty:
A SWEET FLOWER AMONGST THE TREES OF THE FOREST...
We were so glad to be at my nephew's graduation, and so proud of his accomplishment in graduating high school. He has struggled with his ADD in the past and had some rough years. But he came into his own, did excellent this past year and even got into college!

OUR FAMILY AFTER MY NEPHEW'S GRADUATION
On our drive home, we dealt with a very, very windy day going through 1 1/2 states. About an hour from home, I snapped this picture of my 3-year-old reading in the van. The kids did very well travelling during two ten-hour trips to and from my brother's house.
SWEET BETHY READING ON THE WAY HOME

Here are some things I was thankful for last week:
219. My brother's log cabin style home
220. Brushing my niece's hair for school (Just a ponytail!)
221. My cousin and her husband's hospitality letting us stay in their home too.
...224. Being at Peyton's graduation and able to cheer for him (see above pic)
225. Getting to meet and hold my great niece Evie
226. Seeing my niece Tiffany and her girls
227. Chatting, laughing and telling stories with family
....
230. Swimming at the local pool with cousins and second cousins
231. Snuggling with Bethany in a towel at the pool
232. Tired kids
233. My cousin's daughter Bethany and my Mallory getting to sleep together in a princess tent- so fun!

We had a fabulous time travelling, and getting to see family.

What are you thankful for today? Have you told God about it? I'm sure He'd love to hear from you!

Here are some awesome verses to remind us:


Colossians 4:2
"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."

1 Chronicles 16:34
"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Colossians 2:6-7
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."



-----------------------------------------------------------

Read Thankful Thursday #1 here
Read Thankful Thursday #2 here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...