Friday, June 8, 2012

Frugal Friday: Puzzles

Each summer, I look for things to do to keep the kids busy. Inevitably in the summer it will rain or the kids just begin to get bored. Maybe their neighbor friends are on vacation, or they've had their screen time for the day. We do math pages, a little writing, and some other activities in the summer such as swim lessons and VBS.

When the days are long and not so busy, I like to get out a puzzle, preferably about 1,000 pieces or even 1,500. I find inexpensive puzzles at Goodwill and thrift stores. I've never had one miss more than one piece. They are often sold, "As is" but I've found they are all there. I love to see my kids sit and work on the puzzle, or even just walk by, stop and insert a few pieces for a moment.

So my "Frugal Friday" tip for this week is to get a puzzle to fend off the summer weariness and keep the brain cells working.

Here is the puzzle we made last summer:

Birdhouses and flowers-- such fun!

Here is the puzzle that I purchased for this summer:


Hope this little tip helps you!


Some related verses that I like:

Mark 6:19-20

 "So Herodias nursed a grudge against John and wanted to kill him. But she was not able to, 20 because Herod feared John and protected him, knowing him to be a righteous and holy man. When Herod heard John, he was greatly puzzled; yet he liked to listen to him."


"He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."

Romans 8:28

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been calledaccording to his purpose."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...