Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday #4: Laundry

This week, I am thankful for laundry. After our trip out of state, there was lots of it. Several weeks ago, I bought and installed another clothes line to dry clothes on. I was so excited to have two lines so I could dry a whole load outside at one time. Seems kinda silly to be thankful for laundry, but it is a major thing to do in our home of six busy people.

In my laundry room, I have written on an index card this thought:  Worship God in the Laundry Room! (from The Mentoring Mom)  Give thanks for each person that the dirty clothes represent! PRAY!
Worship= thanks that can't be restrained. "Give thanks in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." -1 Thess. 5:18

So I have turned my laundry time into worship and prayer time. "Thank you God for each member of my family and these fine clothes that you have given us. Even when our clothes wear out and the children grow out of them, we have plenty more to wear. You are SO good to us, God. Thank you for the busy, playful children and their dirty clothes that can be made clean, just like our souls are made clean through Jesus' blood. Amen."

A few items from my thankful list about laundry:
11. Laundry to do- dirty and clean clothes
37. Sunshine to dry clothes
167. Towels on the clothesline

Here is a printable that I found through Pinterest, you can find it here to print, frame and enjoy as it brightens your own laundry room!

The Mentoring Mom is a book by Jackie Kendall that I have been slowly working through for a while. It is a great read, I have enjoyed what I've read about modeling Christ and thankfulness to my children. You can find it on Amazon.com here.

Here are some verses that I really enjoyed about clothes...

Romans 13:14
"Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh."
"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."




Ephesians 5:25-27


"Husbands, love your wives...26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."


Hope that gives you some food for thought next time you do laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...