Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Thursday #4: "Madame Blueberry"

On our recent trip out-of-state, our kids watched one of my favorite VeggieTales movies, called "Madame Blueberry". In this fun little tale, Madame learns not to be blue about the things that she wants and has, but to be happy and thankful for what she has.

This movie is a loose parody on the novel Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, in which that Madame also experiences dissatisfaction with her life and emptiness which is not cured by more stuff. (or living beyond her means.) Madame Blueberry goes shopping with Bob and Larry to the new "Stuff-Mart" down the street, where she finds every thing she *thinks* she needs. She sees a little girl being happy with a single slice of apple pie and no presents for her birthday. Later we see Junior Asparagus being happy with a ball instead of the super-cool train set that he wanted. You can listen to Junior's song on Youtube here.

This story is a great message for kids, in that things do not make us happy! We are happy when we are thankful for what we have, we God has given us. So that is my message for you today.

Here are the lyrics to the song, which you just might get stuck in your head!

The Thankfulness Song from Veggie Tales: 

Annie: I thank God for this day, For the sun in the sky, For my mom and my dad, For my piece of apple pie! For our home on the ground For His love that's all around That's why I say thanks everyday! Because a thankful heart is a happy heart! I'm glad for what I have, That's an easy way to start! For the love that He shares, 'Cuz He listens to my prayers, That's why I say thanks everyday! 

Junior: Thank you Dad for our day, For our trip to the mall, For the time just with me, For my big red bouncy ball! For the fun that we had, I'm so happy you're my dad, That's why I say thanks everyday! Junior's Dad: Because a thankful heart is a happy heart! Junior: I'm glad for what I have, That's an easy way to start! Junior's Dad: For a God who really cares Junior: And He listens to our prayers, That's why I say thanks everyday! Both: That's why we say thanks everyday! 


Psalm 118:28 

You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you.















Psalm 95:2“Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.” 

1 Timothy 2:1-4

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority,that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...