Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankful Thursday #5

I am thankful that this summer has finally slowed down since our church's VBS is done, and I had a great yard sale last weekend. We are enjoying the simple joys of summer and being home together. (most of the time!) 
 I am thankful that my kitchen window is full of happy plants! The bottom left is a spearmint plant that is growing, growing! I'm trying to figure out what to put it in... so far it's just been iced tea...
 I am also thankful for sun tea. This is how I make it... toss some water and teabags into my glass jar and set it on the picnic table in the backyard. When finished steeping, I place the jar in the fridge. So refreshing!
 I'm also thankful when my kids keep themselves busy. One day last week, I was working at the school room table, I look over, and my 3-year-old set up the desk chair like this and was sitting on it so cute. I had to take her picture in the sideways chair!

I am thankful for the summertime heat, and for ways to keep cool! The swamp cooler is doing an awesome job in the house, but when the kids need another form of refreshment, we grab our summer ideas book and find things like this! We took a swiffer handle, stuck it in the ground, tied a piece of nylon cord on it, and then a balloon which had a little water and mostly air. The kids got spray bottles and tried to wind the cord and balloon around the pole, like a tetherball! We tossed a few water balloons when they were done. We got this idea from Family Fun magazine, but I can't find it on their website!

I will post more soon about our Summer fun ideas book, and other things that we are up to!

PLEASE pray for our state of Colorado, that the fires would be controlled soon, for safety of the firefighters and for rain! Thank you for praying with me!

Here are some verses that I love:

Psalm 9:1-2
"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High."


Psalm 92:1-2, 4
"It is good to praise the Lord
and make music to your name, O Most High,
proclaiming your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night...

For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord;
I sing for joy at what your hands have done."


Luke 9: 16-17 (Feeding of the 5,000) 
"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke them. Then he gave them to the disciples to distribute to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...