Friday, June 29, 2012

Black Bean Corn Salad {Recipe}

Last week, I was craving a cold salad that I remember someone making before... but I couldn't find a recipe on my favorite family websites or in cookbooks. I turned to the Food Network and found a great recipe that Joshua and I really enjoyed! It was pretty quick and easy to make too. The color contrast was striking!



Prep time: 10 min
Set time: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

  • 1 can, 14 ounces, black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cups frozen corn kernels
  • 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, half a palm full
  • 2 teaspoons hot sauce, just eyeball the amount (recommended: Tabasco)
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil, eyeball it
  • Salt and pepper

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Let stand at least 15 minutes for corn to fully defrost and flavors to combine, then toss and serve. The corn will also place a quick-chill on this easy side-salad as it defrosts -- no need to refrigerate!


I used a lemon instead of a lime, and it was a slightly different flavor, but still delicious! We had garlic bread on the side, and made this a main dish salad. 

Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review!

2 Kings 4:8
One day Elisha went to Shunem. And a well-to-do woman was there, who urged him to stay for a meal. So whenever he came by, he stopped there to eat.






Psalm 128: 1-2

Blessed are all who fear the Lord
    who walk in obedience to him. 
 You will eat the fruit of your labor; 
    blessings and prosperity will be yours.

Ecclesiastes 3:13
That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I may have to try this. Always nice to have different salad recipies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...