Tuesday, June 12, 2012

VBS Music: "If God"

This is another great song with descriptive signs that is a reminder of God's control and power in our lives. I love the thought that since God is on our side, we don't have any need to fear or worry. The author of this song, Jeff Slaughter quotes his mother who said, "If you're gonna worry, don't pray. If you're gonna pray, don't worry." What great thoughts to teach us as well as our children. I hope you'll enjoy this song...

Day 2 Song
If God
Verse 1:
If God holds my days in His hands
If God has power over my circumstance
If God knows the plans He has for me
Why should I fear?
Why should I worry?
Chorus:
If God is for me
who can be against me?
If God is for me
who can be against me?
Whatever happens I know
I can trust He is in control
‘Cause if God is for me
who can be against me?
Repeat Verse 1
Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
May the name of God be praised
Forever and ever
For wisdom and power
Belong to Him
Repeat Bridge
Repeat Chorus 

Words and music by Jeff Slaughter.
Arranged by Preston and Spencer Dalton.
© Copyright 2011 Van Ness Press, Inc. (ASCAP) (admin. by LifeWay Worship). All rights reserved.

You can listen to this song on Lifeway's website here.

This song is based on these verses:


Romans 8:31
"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"



Daniel 2:20

"...and said:
“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; 
    wisdom and power are His."
And our theme verse of the week...

Psalm 147:5

"Great is our Lord and mighty in power; His understanding has no limit."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...