Friday, July 6, 2012

Confetti Corn Quesadillas {Recipe}

This is a recipe that I found in Family Fun magazine, and I tried it. I don't do that very often, but I was quite pleased with this one. This recipe is best in the summer when veggies-- especially the CORN!-- are fresh, especially the corn. It worked in the winter for us since we used frozen corn and veggies that we could find. :-D

Here is the recipe:
Confetti Corn Quesadillas
(Serves 4-6)
1 cup fresh corn kernels (from ~2 ears)
1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry (I substituted tomatoes, since we had them)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 jalapeƱo pepper, seeds & ribs removed, chopped (I used green bell pepper)
1 1/2 cups drained and rinsed can of black beans (15 oz)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1 tsp chili powder
8 oz shredded Monterey jack cheese (2 cups-- I used cheddar)
8 large burrito size flour tortillas
2 Tbsp vegetable oil

*I added onions and avocado- which I shouldn't have cooked, but it was yummy!
Directions:
In a large bowl, combine corn, zucchini, cilantro, jalapeƱos, beans, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Toss gently to mix. Stir in the cheese.

Preheat stove burner. Set tortillas on work surface, fill one half of tortilla with filling. Spread to edge & fold tortilla over the filling. 
In a large, non-stick frying pan, heat 1/2 Tbsp oil over med. heat. Add 2 loaded quesadillas to pan & cook. turning once, until cheese melts, about 2 min. per side. Remove from pan and keep warm in warm oven. Repeat in batches with hot oil and quesadillas. Cut into wedges and serve.

*Great with salsa for dinner or as a snack!*
They were delicious, a little fancier and more filling than just a quesadilla. 


Mark 9:50
“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can you make it salty again? Have salt among yourselves, and be at peace with each other.”


Colossians 4:6
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

James 3:11
Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?



Let me know if you try it, I'd love to hear your review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...