Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ribbon Hair Clip Holder

We are out of town for the Independence Day holiday, so no Thankful Thursday this week. It will be back next week. Instead I have a simple, organizing craft for you! Enjoy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently, I was at my cousin's home, and she has three daughters. In their cute tropical bathroom, they had a clip holder for hair clips made of ribbon and a hanger. It was so cute, and I thought, "I could make that!" 

My two young daughters have a very crowded hair accessories drawer in our downstairs bathroom, and I decided that this clip holder would be a good way to display and see them easier.
 I took a red wire children's hanger, some $1.00 red ribbon that I got on clearance at Safeway and my glue gun and went to work.
 I knew the spot where I wanted to hang this display in my bathroom, so I knew how long to trim the ribbon, which was about 12 inches for each length of ribbon. I trimmed six lengths of the ribbon, and cut the bottom edge at an angle. I chose a wire hanger so I could turn the bent top so it would hang easily on the bottom of our bathroom cupboard. Since we also have a towel ring there for our hand towel, we don't use this space under the cupboard. It was the perfect spot!
 I glued the ribbons over the hanger with a dab of hot glue on each ribbon at the top. I folded the ribbons over so they wrapped around the hanger nicely. Then I turned the bent top and hung it in the bathroom! I added my daughters' hair clips, and this held almost all of them!
I think it turned out cute, and my girls love to pick out a clip from the holder!

I love these verses about RED/ scarlet which remind me of the ribbons...

Isaiah 1:18
“Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the LORD. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.




Joshua 2:21-22


21 “Agreed,” she (Rahab) replied. “Let it be as you say.”

So she sent them away, and they departed. And she tied the scarlet cord in the window.
22 When they left, they went into the hills and stayed there three days, until the pursuers had searched all along the road and returned without finding them.

Proverbs 31:21
When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...