Monday, July 23, 2012

Music Monday: I'm Alive

My son Caleb really enjoys the music of former Newsboys front man Peter Furler. His solo CD is often played in our home and on the radio. One of Caleb's favorite songs is "I'm Alive." We were listening to 
this song last week and I thought that the song fits well with my Thankful Thursdays. I hope you enjoy it too!





I'm Alive by Peter Furler


When I was locked inside my head
When I was lost in a maze of doubt
You called my name and woke me up
You called my name and let me out

And when I chased one more mirage
'til I was tired and parched again
You gave me one more cup to fill
And sent me one more desert rain

I'm alive
I'm on fire
And my spirit burns with desire
You set me alive
But I am with nowhere to hold it inside

I wanted to thank you
thank you, thank you

I was sure of all I knew
I knew the world was mine to claim
I had directions printed out
And then I hit a world of shame
Out there alone and left to die
Caught out from You, my sole supply
You shed your tears for me and then
You took my hand and raised me high

I'm alive
I'm on fire
And my spirit burns with desire
You set me alive
But I am with nowhere to hold it inside

http://www.lyricsmania.com/im_alive_lyrics_peter_furler.html


You can listen to this song on YouTube here.





Isaiah 43:6-7

I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’
    and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’
Bring my sons from afar
    and my daughters from the ends of the earth 
everyone who is called by my name, 
    whom I created for my glory, 
    whom I formed and made. 

Acts 2:2-4a

Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit...


1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...