Friday, July 20, 2012

Strawberry Spinach Salad

A few weeks ago, I found this salad on Pinterest. I went to look for it this week for my blog, to link to the recipe, and the page has been blocked for bad content! I did print the "recipe" for my own use, so I will copy it here. It was so good, we all really enjoyed it, and it was even good the next day!


Spinach and Strawberry Salad with Goat Cheese (recipe)
Strawberries (I got two quarts, washed and sliced them all)
Goat cheese (we bought the crumbled kind, maybe 8 oz?)
Spinach-- organic pre-wahed in a bag-- We used about 1/2 the bag, till it looked good.
Showing the containers we used...

Candied almonds-- is what the original recipe used-- we just toasted some almonds on the stove.
We made our own Poppy Seed dressing, you can find that recipe here. (Yes, I had poppy seeds on hand, I bought them a while ago!

The original writer of this recipe said that she didn't measure anything, so I added my own adjustments/ measurements to this recipe. We just tossed the ingredients together in the bowl with the dressing. YUM!!



Numbers 17:8
The next day Moses entered the tent and saw that Aaron’s staff, which represented the tribe of Levi, had not only sprouted but had budded, blossomed and produced almonds.





Jeremiah 17:8
They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”



Proverbs 11:28
Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...