Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday #9


Once again, I was reading in my Bible devotional time this week, and found a great study and prayer that I wanted to share on my blog. Please read the devotional from Praying with the Psalms below.


Psalm 103:1-5

Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.



"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and do not forget His benefits..." Psalm 103:2

Forgetfulness atrophies the muscles of praise and leaves them flabby and passive. Remembrance internalizes a history of grace and strengthens praise into blessing, so that we act in a renewing way on our environment.


Prayer: What blessings I have experienced! What benefits I have been given! I will compile my own list of goodness throughout the hours of this day and give You praise, O God, for each item. Stir my memory and quicken my tongue, for Jesus' sake. Amen.
----------------------------------------------------
I found, with delight that this is exactly what I have been doing daily! I have been intentionally taking time to write down the gifts and benefits that I received from God. I like the idea of "forget not all His benefits"-- I love the positive slant of this phrase and the challenge to continue remembering His blessings each day.

What do you have to thank God for today? Have you told Him that you are thankful, and are you remembering His benefits?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...