Friday, November 9, 2012

Faithful Friday: More thankfulness!

Today I have a few more images that I like from Pinterest, and some things to add...


I am still continuing in my prayer journal of 1,000 things to be thankful for this year. 
This week I have been thankful for...

-Being able to be there for a friend when she needed help
-Kids helping folding the laundry
-Celebrating my son's 10th birthday- thankful for his life!
-The privilege to vote and pray for our president, leaders & judges
-A delightful time in American Girl class, teaching the girls to finger-knit
-Good Bible verses sent to me by a friend
-Pigtails in both of my little girls' hair
-A nice early morning walk with my man
-Cakes baked, gifts wrapped, food bought-- fun party planned for this weekend!
I have also been thankful that God is our fortress, that He is on our side, and always for us! (partially from reading in Psalms)

God really is so good to us, blessing us when we are faithful to Him. Each evening, after my girls are tucked into their cozy beds, I pray with and for them. Very often, my prayers are prayers of thanksgiving... for them, for their lives, for their comfy, warm beds, for the food we ate, for Daddy's job, for time to play and rest, for our nice home. Usually we have more than we need... so many toys, lots of books, lots of games and puzzles and things to do. We must remember that the Source for all things little and big, is God! And it is so important to teach that to our children!

Have you thanked God for all He's given you today?

Psalm 107:15
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for mankind...


1 Timothy 4:4

For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

Philemon 1:4

 I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...