Monday, November 12, 2012

Music Monday: "Draw Me Close"


This is a song that we sang in our church yesterday, and I love it. Every time I hear it, it gets stuck in my head. I love the lyrics-- the idea that I can be a friend of God, that I can feel his embrace, and He is all I want, and all I need. All I ever will need. The things of earth will pass away, but the souls of men will endure. I want to be close to God each day, enough to feel His embrace, to know He is near to me. I hope that you know God closely today too, and that this song can bring you a little closer too.

This song has been done by Hillsong, Michael W. Smith and others, but my favorite is the Katinas version. They are brothers, and sing beautiful harmonies. Enjoy!


Katinas
Draw Me Close lyrics

Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that i'm
Your friend

You are my desire
No one else will do
'cause no one else
Can take your place
To feel the warmth of
Your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to you

Chorus
You're all I want, you're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know You are near



You can listen to this song on Youtube here.


Psalm 10:17
You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,


Proverbs 18:24
One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.


1 John 2:17
The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...