Friday, November 16, 2012

Faithful Friday: Thankfulness this week


It seems like thankfulness is everywhere this time of year. You kinda have to look past the turkeys to see it, but it's there. We're reading books about being thankful, and one of my favorite books when I was a child about thanksgiving, Cranberry Thanksgiving. We've talked about it in homeschool. I often think of things to write in my journal of 1,000 things to be thankful for this year, and so thankfulness has been on my mind too.

This is some of the things that have been on my list of thankfulness this week...
890. For machines to wash and dry for me so I can have an easier day (no scrubbing on rocks by the river!)
891. Clean towels and rugs-- fresh smells!
892. Time spent chatting with my parents
893. A great birthday party to celebrate our decade-old boy!
894.Time to rest and nap with Joshua on the futon
895. Cake leftovers!/ 905. Leftover chocolate depression cake
896. Generosity of friends and family with great gifts of clothes, toys, books and games
897. Teaching Mallory what Thanksgiving is all about
898. That God is an omnipresent, hopeful God (quiet time reading)
899. For great books filled with wonderful writing to read (including this one below, which I finished this week for book club!)

900. My two little girls playing so well together

Since we had a sickie with a sniffly nose, we had some good snuggle-buggle time, which I loved.
Caleb read a book to his sick little sister... so sweet!

901. Bethy still had lots of smiles, despite her cold and "bless-you-ing".

I went through some bins of clothes this week, changing size 3T for size 4, so
902. Generous gifts of clothes we've gotten and lasted through 3-4 girls (ours, and a niece or two!)

903. For time to spend with God each day

904. Fresh, warm flannel sheets on my bed

906. My two girls splashing and playing in the tub together

907. Caleb hit two home runs on his new Wii baseball game!

What have you been thankful for this week? Have you told God about it? I'm sure He'd love to hear from you!


2 Thessalonians 1:3

We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters,[a] and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.

2 Corinthians 9:15

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

1 Corinthians 1:4
I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...