Monday, November 19, 2012

Music Monday: "Great is Thy Faithfulness"


This has been one of my favorite hymns for as long as I remember. The message has been true for me when I was 18, 28 or 38. I really like the version done by Lincoln Brewster, who is a modern worship leader and musician. We sang this song in church yesterday, and each time I sing it, I can hear my parents and grandparents voices in my mind. I hope you appreciate this song and its message-- God is faithful, today and every day.


Great Is Thy Faithfulness lyrics- Lincoln Brewster
Songwriters: FREEMAN, RONNIE C. JR. / DP,

(Verse 1)
Great is Thy faithfulness
O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not
Thy compassions they fail not
As Those hast been Thou forever will be

(Chorus)
Great is Thy faithfulness
Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness Lord unto me

(Verse2)
Pardon for sin
And a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence
To cheer and to guide
Strength for today
And bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine
With ten thousand beside


[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/l/lincoln_brewster/great_is_thy_faithfulness.html ]


You can listen to this song on Youtube here.


Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”


Psalm 108:4
For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 117:2
For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...