Thursday, January 31, 2013

American Girl class: Molly week 1

We had a great first week of American Girl class of the new semester! It was great to see the girls again after Christmas break, and we met several new girls in classes too. So, welcome to the new girls, we hope you enjoy our class!

In class, we discussed our book, Meet Molly, and also talked about Halloween, the start of World War Two, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor (briefly). After we discussed our book, we started working on our craft, which was to  Make “Crepe Paper Hula Skirts” with white muslin and crepe paper. Each of the girls got one two-inch strip of white muslin, which they tied around their waist. Then they took ten three-foot strips of green crepe paper, and we stapled them onto the waistband. It was very simple, but they looked great!

For snack, we had  Popcorn balls and apples. Since I was sick earlier in the week before class,  I did not help the moms find the recipe for the popcorn balls. One of them told me that she found it online and used marshmallows in it. We had apples too, and cut them into pieces. The popcorn balls were yummy and the girls loved them!
Snack plate...
 The 1:00 class modeling their skirts and doing a little hula dancing!

The 2:00 class...
 The snack mom put tags on the bags with stickers of different American Girls and their friends. The girls loved that and I think they all kept their tags!
The 2:00 class modeling their hula skirts, just like Molly wore in our book.

It was a fun class! I hope I'll feel better next week and ready to have more fun with these girls!

Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.

Proverbs 7:2
Keep my commands and you will live; guard my teachings as the apple of your eye.

Proverbs 25:11
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a ruling rightly given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...