Friday, February 1, 2013

Baked Potato Soup & Beer Bread Recipes

These are recipes that I was given after we received this as a dinner gift after one of our babies was born from our friend Kim. I don't make it often, but when I do, it is a hit! A perfect meal for a cold winter night.


Baked Potato Soup
4 baked potatoes
3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
16 oz chicken broth
1 1/2 cup milk
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup sour cream

Topping= shredded cheddar cheese

Cook and coarsely mash potatoes. Transfer to a stock pot (I microwaved mine and mashed them in the pot). Add broth, milk, celery, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in sour cream and bacon. Garnish servings with shredded cheese. Delish!


Beer Bread
Mix: 3 cups flour
3 3/4 tsp baking powder
3/8 tsp salt


Stir in: 1/2 cup sugar
12 oz. beer (light is best)

Grease loaf pan. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Yum!


Let me know if you try these recipes, I'd love to hear your review!


Numbers 11:5
We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost—also the cucumbers, melons, leeks,onions and garlic.

Job 23:12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Proverbs 30:8
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...