Thursday, January 10, 2013

Decorating with Scripture

Recently, I was looking online at Doorposts, which is a company which encourages families in their Scripture learning together. I found the Doorposts Facebook page, and enjoyed looking at photos that were submitted by families of Scripture in their homes. The verses were on doorposts, wall hangings, vinyl clings, mirrors, doors, refrigerators and many more places around the home. Some of the decorations were quite ornate and beautiful! The carved wood around the doorposts was just gorgeous! 

Well, all of the pictures inspired me. In reality, I have lots of Bible verses around our home already. Below are some photos of the calligraphy and cross-stitched verses that I have done. Some are printed on cardstock and laminated.  The first one is an ornament that I made for our Christmas tree. I would like to make more ornaments with verses on them. (But my hubby says we have too many ornaments!)  

I just love being surrounded by God's word each day. Not all of these verses were stitched or made by me. A few of them were gifts from God-loving friends. They are some of my very favorite gifts since they draw me into God's word just by reading the verse on the wall.
This calligraphy I made as gifts many years ago for friends, and clipped verses to it...
A friend stitched this Psalm 23 for my hubby before we were married... so beautiful!
I like to cross-stitch too, and found this company called Joyful Expressions, which sells online patterns (for download) of Bible verses. I have made several of their patterns, since they are pretty simple and easy!
A sign that we bought for our school room... :-D
A sampler that I cross-stiched with several patterns put together into one... love the family verse on this one!
A friend gave me this framed name and verse as a gift-- I love it!
Another Joyful Expressions cross-stitch, and a hand painted love necklace holder.
Another Joyful Expressions verse, and this one is my life verse, my favorite... this is beside my bed.

Another gift cross-stitch... Thanks Morgan!
A variety of printed & laminated verses on our fridge!

I hope you enjoyed the pictures of what we have around our home, and are inspired to add more verses around your own home! I found a printable here that I like and have printed, framed in a simple gold frame and placed on our fireplace mantle. You could do the same (other great verse printables found here)! And as you read the verses, you can enjoy a little of God in your day too!

Psalm 119:105
Thy Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Psalm 19:14 
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer.

Psalm 119: 11
I have hidden your word imy heart that I might not sin against you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...