Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wordless Wednesday: 1000 Gifts Journals!

Many of my readers know that I am counting 1000 gifts in being thankful this year. Before Christmas, I made some journals as gifts for my sister-in-law and my daughter (and one for me too!) The journals were pretty simple to make. I bought three blank composition notebooks, and used supplies that I have at home for the rest.

 I used scrapbook paper to decorate the front and back.  I used coordinating colors, double-sided adhesive and a brown or black marker. I used colors that I like, and I knew my sister-in-law and daughter would like. I added the year in the corner.

On the inside, I wrote a note to my sister-in-law about how to use the 1000 gifts thankfulness journal-- to write down three gifts from God each day for the year. I thought it would be a nice addition to their quiet times with God, as it has been to mine. I will enjoy this journal, since the one that I used last year was a smaller notebook. I had seen something similar online for another journal, but thought it would be better for a thankfulness notebook. It is easy and pretty-- I won't mind having it on my bedside table this year!
 front (above) and back (below)

How about you? Are you counting 1000 gifts this year too? It is a wonderful challenge, and a great habit to foster-- being thankful!


Psalm 105:1

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

Psalm 107:1

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.



Ephesians 1:15-16

For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people,  I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...