Monday, March 18, 2013

Music Monday: "Every Good Thing"

This is another song that I've heard on the radio lately, and I liked the lyrics and upbeat sound. I downloaded it and have enjoyed it a lot! I know sometimes I do forget the beautiful life that God has given and take it for granted, as the song says. God is the giver of good gifts, and each heartbeat. He gives us the blessings in our days, we just need to open our eyes and see all He gives! That is why I like my thankfulness journal and writing down 3 gifts each day. It helps me remember and acknowledge that God is the giver daily. I hope you enjoy this song too!

"Every Good Thing" by The Afters

I tend to be busier than I should be
I tend to think that time is going to wait for me
Sometimes I forget and take for granted
That it's a beautiful life we live
I don't want to miss the moments like this
This is a beautiful life You give

You're the reason for every good thing, every heartbeat
Every day we get to breathe
You're the reason for anything that lasts, every second chance
Every laugh
Life is so sweet
You're the reason for every good thing

There will be days that give me more than I can take
But I know that You always make beauty from my heartache
Don't want to forget or take for granted
That it's a beautiful life we live
I'm not going to miss the moments like this
This is a beautiful life You give

It's our family, it's our friends
It's the feeling that I get when I see my children smile
You're the reason for this life, everything we love
It's You alive in us
You're alive in us

You are here in every moment, and I know that You're every good thing
You are here in every moment, and I know that You're the reason for
You are every good thing


You can listen to this song on YouTube here.


2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Philemon 1:6
I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above,coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights,who does not change like shifting shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...