Tuesday, March 19, 2013

My buddy

My Bethany is a momma's girl. She prefers to be with mom most of the time. She likes to sit next to me at the breakfast and dinner table. She likes to be nearby while playing. If I am gone and didn't tell her where I am going (like after a nap), she starts to panic.

She likes to nap in my bed when I do. She likes to go with me to the store or post office. She likes me to wash her up in the tub. She likes me to help her dress and undress. She likes me to put on her shoes.

She is ok with her Dad putting her to bed, and big sisters or brother helping her with some things, but really likes Mom. Maybe it is because we are usually together. Maybe it is because I am her mother. I think she just really likes me. She loves and adores me. She thanks God for me during prayer time, and I get teary-eyed.

One day last week, we were discussing who her buddies were. Of course, she listed lots of people. She listed me, Dad, Rebekah, Caleb, Mallory, the neighbors, her cousins... in her mind she has lots of buddies. But I know my child, I know the truth, I know her heart.

That is how I want to be with God. I want to desire to be close to Him at all times. I want to pray for His Presence to be with me at breakfast, nearby while I work, while I eat, mother my children, while I sleep. I want to prefer to be with my "Daddy", my Abba Father. I want to be thankful to God and for God.

I want to share experiences and moments with God each day too. I want to have lots of earthly people that I love, but for none to take the place of God in my heart. I know He knows me as His child well too. I know He knows the truth and what is in my heart too. Do I love and adore Him?

Who is your buddy? Who is your closest friend? Who is your Abba Father? Do you tell Him how you are thankful for Him, His Son and all He has done for you? I hope so. If not, why not now?

Luke 18:16
But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

John 1:12
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to becomechildren of God—

Romans 8:15
The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.”

Galatians 4:6
Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out,“Abba, Father.”

1 comment:

  1. was just reading about our Lord's jealousy regarding us..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...