Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Preparing for Julie: Bandana Skirt!

One of things we read about in Meet Julie is that her mom wears a bandana skirt. Since I like to dress for my class as a teacher, I decided to use some bandana type material that I already had to make a skirt! I looked online at bandana skirts, and there are lots of types and styles. I found a jean/ fabric skirt that I liked for a little girl on this website, and I just used the overall idea and measurements to make one for me. When I completed it and saw how easy it was, I made one for my daughter Mallory to wear to class too!

We were attending my niece's cowgirl birthday party this weekend, so I finished the skirts in time for that, so we wore them there too! My daughter is very excited to have a new skirt!

 

Please excuse the crazy mis-matched outfit...
that's what I get when my 6 year old takes a pic for me!

To make the skirt, we each had to find an old pair of jeans to cut up. We each had a pair of jeans with a hole in the knee, and were too short-- so we used those! It was a fun and easy project!


Isaiah 47:2
Take millstones and grind flour; take off your veil. Lift up your skirts, bare your legs, and wade through the streams.


Mark 2:21-22

“No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on an old garment. Otherwise, the new piece will pull away from the old, making the tear worse.  And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and both the wine and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...