Thursday, May 2, 2013

Decluttering tips, part 1

Decluttering tips, part 1

Do you like to read books about organizing? I know I do, and this book is a great one full of tips!

Several years ago, I read a book called "Clutter's Last Stand" by Don Aslett.  I really enjoyed this book and took notes from it while I read. I know, I know--> so nerdy!


Here are some of the notes from the book which I liked...

-Identify your clutter and its effect on your life.

-Living is doing, not having!

-More is not better! We have sufficient for our needs.

-Clutter makes cleaning take longer! (So true! It is faster to wipe an empty shelf than move 25 things and then dust it...)

-Storing and caring for clutter costs. The value is in using it, not moving and guarding your thing.


-If knickknacks regenerate or soothe you, keep them as long as they serve a purpose. A friend said that she gets rid of things if they don't make her smile-Good thought!

-Give kids a place for their stuff, not too much excess, makes clean up easier (i.e. moveable toy box)


-Hang light things in garage, mount your hand tools. You can buy and use a wall cabinet for it!

-China and silverware that are never used-- it takes energy to keep those things!

-How many Bibles do you have? Are you leaving space for HIM in your life?

*Here is a link to a post about another clutter book I blogged about a few years ago.

COME BACK TOMORROW FOR PART 2 ON THIS SUBJECT!

-------------------------------------------------------
Some wonderful Bible verses which apply to this subject:

Matthew 6:25
 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?


Matthew 6:28-29
 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...